There’s a 30-day waiting period after your wedding, and then you can obtain your certificate which counts as legal proof that you’re married. In total, you should expect to spend at least 60 days in India, between both 30-day waiting periods before and after your wedding.
Is it easy to get married in India?
Getting legally married in India isn’t a simple process. Between a lengthy wait time, nuanced legal customs and a plethora of details to consider. However, the trade-offs may be worth it for you.
How can I legally get married in India?
- Application form (notice in the form specified) duly filled and signed by the bride and the groom.
- Documentary evidence of the date of birth of both the parties (matriculation certificate/ passport/ birth certificate)
- Receipt of fees paid with respect to the application form in the District Court.
How much time does it take to register a marriage in India?
At present, it takes 7-15 days for marriages to get registered and for the issuance of certificates. The couple needs to be present in office to fill in Form 1 and 2 and the application for registering marriage.
What documents do I need to get married in India?
What do you need to get married in India?
- Proof of Residency and Address in India for at least 30 days prior to the application, for at least one of the parties.
- A valid passport for both parties.
- Original birth certificate for both parties.
Can I marry a married woman in India?
Originally Answered: Can I marry a married woman in India? If she has terminated her first marriage with decree of divorce from competent Family Court, you can marry her legally. If she has terminated her first marriage with decree of divorce from competent Family Court, you can marry her legally.
How much money do you need to get married in India?
An average Indian wedding could cost between 20 lakhs to 5 crores. A person in India is estimated to spend one-fifth of the total wealth accumulated in his lifetime on his wedding. From fashion designers, event planners, florists to caterers, you need to hire an efficient team to make your special day truly incredible.
How can I do court marriage without parents in India?
- You can either perform marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act or Special Marriage Act or other relevant Acts,
- Under the HMA, you will have to perform the marriage first in temple/gurudwara and later on you can get it registered in the Court; no notice is sent in this case,
Is it necessary to get married in India?
It’s not as necessary as the Indian society makes it to be. Life is still going to be as good, even if you’re unmarried. Marriage is just an institution and you can choose not believe in it, like religion. There’s nothing wrong with not conforming to the idea of marriage if you don’t believe in it.
How do you get married fast?
How to Get Married in a Hurry
- Come up with a budget. …
- Plan the ceremony and reception. …
- Find an officiant. …
- Send out invitations and create a wedding website. …
- Form a bridal party. …
- Figure out what you’ll wear. …
- Book a photographer, musicians, florist, and baker. …
- Order the rings.
Can I register my marriage anywhere in India?
One can apply for marriage at any sub-divisional magistrate’s office; the offline application method can be initiated from there itself; the registration can be done online as well. The details are required after confirming your district/state.