There are broadly five categories of forests in India. They are named as Tropical evergreen forests, Tropical deciduous forests, Tropical thorn forests, Montane forests, and Swamp forests.
How many types of forests are there in India?
There are various types of forest in India namely coniferous forest, broadleaved forest, evergreen forest, wet evergreen forest, deciduous forest, and mangrove forest. Almost 24.56% of the geographical area of the country is under forest cover.
What are the 4 types of forest?
Forest: Type # 1. Tropical Forest:
- (i) Tropical wet evergreen forest:
- (ii) Tropical semi-evergreen forest:
- (iii) Tropical moist deciduous:
- (iv) Tropical dry evergreen forest:
- (v) Dry tropical deciduous:
- (vi) Dry tropical thorn forest:
- (i) Sub-Tropical hill forest:
- (ii) Sub-Tropical pine forest:
Which is the smallest forest in India?
States with lowest forest and tree cover India 2017
In 2017, Haryana had the lowest forest cover with respect to total geographical area in India at 6.79 percent. Trailing closely behind was the state of Punjab with 6.87 percent tree cover.
Which is the most dangerous forest in India?
The Manas National Park in Assam is well known for its wildlife sanctuary which is one of the most amazing forest reserves in India. But along with that, it is also now known for the many terrorist activities that have taken place here. In the year 2011, 6 WWF officials were said to be kidnapped by Bodo militants.
What is the most common type of forest?
- Forest Type # 1. Equatorial Moist Evergreen or Rainforest:
- Forest Type # 2. Tropical Deciduous Forest:
- Forest Type # 3. Mediterranean Forests:
- Forest Type # 4. Temperate Broad-leaved Deciduous and Mixed Forest:
- Forest Type # 5. Warm Temperate Broad-leaved Deciduous Forest:
- Forest Type # 6.
What climate is a forest?
Temperate deciduous forests also have quite a wet environment. … The average temperature in temperate deciduous forests is 50°F (10°C). Summers are mild, and average about 70°F (21°C), while winter temperatures are often well below freezing.
Where is the biggest boreal forest?
The taiga or boreal forest has been called the world’s largest land biome. In North America, it covers most of inland Canada, Alaska, and parts of the northern contiguous United States.
|Biome||Terrestrial subarctic, humid|
What is a popular character of all forest?
trees are the popular character of all forests.
How is a forest formed?
People can make forest by planting a lot of trees over an area and have them developed into mature trees. Forests can also occur naturally over time. One tree can pop up through a seed and then create millions of other trees. Types of forest can also compete.