|Languages of India|
|Official||Assamese Bengali Bodo Dogri English Gujarati Hindi Kannada Kashmiri Konkani Maithili Malayalam Marathi Meitei Nepali Odia Punjabi Sanskrit Santali Sindhi Tamil Telugu Urdu (total: 23, including 22 8th Schedule languages and additional official language, English)|
What are the 22 official languages of India?
1) Assamese, (2) Bengali, (3) Gujarati, (4) Hindi, (5) Kannada, (6) Kashmiri, (7) Konkani, (8) Malayalam, (9) Manipuri, (10) Marathi, (11) Nepali, (12) Oriya, (13) Punjabi, (14) Sanskrit, (15) Sindhi, (16) Tamil, (17) Telugu, (18) Urdu (19) Bodo, (20) Santhali, (21) Maithili and (22) Dogri.
Which language is oldest in India?
Sanskrit (5000 years old)
Sanskrit is a widely spoken language in India. Almost all the ancient manuscripts of Hindusim, Jainism and Buddhism were written in this language.
Which is the oldest language in world?
Seven oldest surviving languages in the world.
- Tamil: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 300 BC. …
- Sanskrit: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 2000 BC. …
- Greek: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 1500 BC. …
- Chinese: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 1250 BC.
Which language is known as Queen of script?
Kannada had a huge boost during the Vijayanagar period. Shri Vinoba Bhave called “Kannada” script the “Queen of World Scripts” – “Vishwa Lipigala Raani”.