In Mumbai (formerly Bombay), the capital of the state of Maharashtra, the climate is tropical, hot all year round, with a long, sunny season from early or mid-October to early June and a rainy season from June to September or early October.
What season is Mumbai?
Best Time to Visit Mumbai
- Summer Season (March-May)
- Monsoon/ Autumn Season (June-September)
- Winter Season (October-March)
- Mumbai During Summers (March to May)
- Mumbai During Monsoon Season (June to September)
- Mumbai During Winter Season (October to February)
What is the monsoon season in Mumbai?
This infamous season usually lasts from June to September, out of which July and August are the peak monsoon months. Mumbai’s climate can best be represented as moderately hot with an extremely high level of humidity. During the monsoon period, Mumbai receives an adequate amount of rainfall.
Which is the hottest city in India?
Churu currently is the hottest place in the country with a maximum temperature of 42.1 degrees Celsius. Followed by Pilani, again in Rajasthan with a maximum temperature of 41.7 degrees Celsius. Sawai Madhopur is at third with mercury there reaching 41.6 degrees Celsius.
Does Mumbai have snow?
The climate in Mumbai is usually hot and humid. So, it does not snow in Mumbai.
Which language is used in Mumbai?
The 4 languages primarily spoken throughout the Mumbai Suburban District are Marathi, Hindi, English and Gujarati.
What should I wear in Mumbai?
Western women who work in Mumbai and Delhi wear jackets and trousers, with shirts/blouses. Alternatively, skirts and blouses/jackets. It’s no different from other places, but I’d generally advice modesty.
Is it good to go Mumbai now?
OVERALL RISK : HIGH. Because Mumbai is a huge and populous city, the level of crime is high. Travelers can easily become victims so they need to avoid traveling alone on public transport or in taxis, especially at night. There have been reports of British tourists becoming the victims of a scam by taxi drivers.
Which is the best month to visit Mumbai?
Best Time to Visit Mumbai
- November to February: The winter months are the most pleasant in Mumbai. …
- March to May: Humidity starts rising from March and as summers start approaching. …
- June to October: This is the famous monsoon season in Mumbai which sees continuous rainfall, particularly in the months of July and August.
What is the best area to stay in Mumbai?
Pick the Perfect Places to Make the Base to Explore Mumbai
- Colaba. Colaba. …
- Fort Kala Ghoda. Fort Kala Ghoda (source) …
- Andheri West/Versova. Andheri West (source) …
- Bandra-Kurla Complex. Bandra Kurla Complex (source) …
- Bandra West. Bandra West (source) …
- Marine Drive. …