Predominantly, Indian subcontinent is divided into five climate zones, viz. Hot and Dry, Warm and Humid, Temperate, Composite, and Cold.
What are the climate zones of India?
Climatic regions in India
|Name of climatic region||States or territories|
|Tropical Desert||Most parts of Rajasthan|
|Moist subtropical with winter||Parts of Punjab, Assam, and Rajasthan|
|Mountain climate||Parts of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttaranchal|
|Drought||Rajasthan, Gujarat, and Haryana|
What are the 6 climate zones?
The six major climate regions are polar, temperate, arid, tropical, Mediterranean and tundra.
What are the 8 climate zones?
- Winter dry (temperate climate)
- Winter dry (continental climate)
- Summer dry (continental climate)
- Continuously wet (continental climate)
- Polar ice caps (polar climate)
What are the 5 climate zones?
Global climates are often divided into five types: tropical, dry, temperate, cold and polar. These climate divisions take a variety of factors into consideration, including altitude, pressure, wind patterns, latitude and geographical characteristics, such as mountains and oceans.
Is India hotter than Australia?
Both the countries are located close to the equator. Generally, Australia is hotter than India, but it is not noticed as much because of the lack of quantity of life that is affected in the central Australian desert.
What are 3 climate zones?
The Earth has three main climate zones: tropical, temperate, and polar.
Which state in India has best climate?
1. Pune. Pune is well known to have very pleasant weather throughout the year. With average temperatures ranging from 21-30 degrees Celsius, the three annual weather seasons of Pune, summer, winter, and monsoon are very pleasant.
Which is the hottest place in India?
Churu currently is the hottest place in the country with a maximum temperature of 42.1 degrees Celsius. Followed by Pilani, again in Rajasthan with a maximum temperature of 41.7 degrees Celsius. Sawai Madhopur is at third with mercury there reaching 41.6 degrees Celsius.
What are the 7 climates?
- A – Tropical Climates. Tropical moist climates extend north and south from the equator to about 15° to 25° latitude. …
- B – Dry Climates. …
- C – Moist Subtropical Mid-Latitude Climates. …
- D – Moist Continental Mid-Latitude Climates. …
- E – Polar Climates. …
- H – Highlands.
What are the 4 main climate zones?
The world has been divided into different climate zones. We have four main zones and two of these have sub zones. The basis of this division is variations in climate, vegetation, air pressure and the average temperature. The main zones are: arctic, temperate, subtropical and tropical.
What are the 4 types of climate?
What Are the Different Climate Types?