It is the foundation of the act of foreign marriage in India. The marriages solemnized under this act require that one party is Indian or other party is a foreigner. … In this case, the marriage can be solemnized and registered in India or any other country from where the foreigner belongs or is a citizen of.
Is marriage valid if not registered in India?
The absence of registration of marriage does not render the marriage illegal. A marriage without registration is perfectly legal. 2. Since you are married for all legal and practical purposes you can dissolve the marriage only through a decree of divorce passed by the competent court.
Can I get married in India on a tourist visa?
The couple decide to get married to each other, with his partner coming to India on a Tourist Visa to finish the wedding formalities. This Tourist Visa can be converted into an X Visa as Ria is now married to an Indian citizen.
How can I legally get married in India?
- Application form (notice in the form specified) duly filled and signed by the bride and the groom.
- Documentary evidence of the date of birth of both the parties (matriculation certificate/ passport/ birth certificate)
- Receipt of fees paid with respect to the application form in the District Court.
How can I register my NRI marriage in India?
Every NRI who marries a citizen of India or another NRI must get his marriage registered within 30 days. If the marriage occurs outside India, it must be registered with a Marriage Officer, who will be appointed from among the diplomatic officers in a foreign country.
What if Hindu marriage is not registered?
Whether marriage registered or not, marriage can be dissolved by contested or mutual divorce. There is required only proof of marriage like card photograp etc. Mutual is easy way if both parties agreed.
Is Hindu marriage registration compulsory?
Under the Hindu law registration is not compulsory until and unless the state makes it compulsory. The procedure will be same as under Special Marriage Act only the number of witness changes from three to two. Marriage under Muslim law is a contract and hence registration is the basic essential for validating Nikah.
How can I marry a foreign girl in India?
Documents, Formalities, and Certifications needed
- Birth certificates (for age proof)
- A valid visa of more than thirty days for the foreign national.
- A single-status affidavit signed by both parties. …
- Address proof and passport size photographs.
- Adequate documentary evidence of 30-day residence in India.
What documents do I need to get married in India?
What do you need to get married in India?
- Proof of Residency and Address in India for at least 30 days prior to the application, for at least one of the parties.
- A valid passport for both parties.
- Original birth certificate for both parties.
Can an Indian marry an American?
You can also choose to get married first in India or another country, and then apply for an immigrant visa with which to enter the United States. … At that time, he or she can apply for an immigrant visa (and enter the U.S.).
How much money do you need to get married in India?
An average Indian wedding could cost between 20 lakhs to 5 crores. A person in India is estimated to spend one-fifth of the total wealth accumulated in his lifetime on his wedding. From fashion designers, event planners, florists to caterers, you need to hire an efficient team to make your special day truly incredible.
Can I marry a married woman in India?
Answers (3) Yes. Obviously there is evidence of the marriage not only the photocopy also the birth certificate of the child and also the identity proof of the lady. … But practically it is not necessary to proof she is married and if a married person marry again with any other then the second marriage is void.
How can I do court marriage without parents in India?
- You can either perform marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act or Special Marriage Act or other relevant Acts,
- Under the HMA, you will have to perform the marriage first in temple/gurudwara and later on you can get it registered in the Court; no notice is sent in this case,